Tuesday 1 September 2015

Stolen Soul is LIVE

Stolen Soul is live!

Please give it a watch it if you can spare a couple of minutes; it's such an important topic that is too often avoided in conversation.

As part of my A level in Media Studies last year we were asked to make a video. I chose to make a short film. We were also asked to write an essay answering a question that we set ourselves. I chose to answer:
How has the representation of the definition of slavery changed in the last decade and how has the media facilitated this, specifically looking at "Taken" starring Liam Neeson (2008), Channel 4's "Captive: The Sex Slave Girl" (2012), and the UK Home Office's "Modern Slavery Ad Campaign" (2014)"?
If you would like to read the 1800 word essay, let me know. It's a difficult read but has some interesting points which I started to explore.

So, yeah, please share the video with your friends!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment