Saturday 9 July 2016

A > Z of Thanks

Bonjour!
I'm currently writing this whilst sat at my Granny's desk in her house (in France!)

A couple of days ago I picked up my third book of the French getaway holiday: Katie Piper's 'Things Get Better'. It's an awesome book so far; I'm at chapter 4 and loving every page.

A big theme in the book at the moment is positivity in the form of gratitude. I'd thought I'd give an A > Z of Thanks a try and I'd love to share it with you. I've found it so refreshing.

-----------------

A) AdventuresπŸ—Ί (however big or small I can find adventure in everything and I'm so thankful for that)

B) Bibz-a-LibzπŸ’ (my cheeky monkey of a sister. She's so stunning and I'm grateful for her ability to laugh my pain away)

C) Church Family❤(I'm truly grateful for all of the people around me that have become my church family; they help me to keep faith when I'm feeling weak and celebrate with me when I'm feeling strong, thank you guys) 

D) DoctorsπŸ’Š (having sat with countless doctors throughout my life, from having vaccinations to discussing the ways to best deal with my Joint Hypermobility (JHS/EDS-JHT), I can truly say I'm extremely grateful for all of the advice and support that I have received) 

E) Emma πŸ₯🐫 (I'm so thankful for the giggles and surprises and waves that we share)

F) FamilyπŸ™ˆ (clichΓ© or not, they're my foundation and I'm so thankful to have three people that love me and that I love in my life)

G) Guitar🎸 (I'm extremely grateful that I can escape my problems for a while and strum at my guitar; it's awesomely soothing)

H) Hope For Justice🎈 (the injustice of human trafficking is forever on my heart. I'm really thankful for all that the guys over at Hope For Justice do, helping this world get one step closer to perfect) 

I) IndependenceπŸ™‹ (I'm grateful that I live in a country where woman are allowed to be independent and are treated with respect)

J) JoyπŸ˜‚ (I'm extremely thankful for evenings and days filled with uncontrollable laughter and joy, and for the people that bring such joy into my life)

K) KnowledgeπŸ•΅ (I'm thankful for the knowledge that has been passed onto me by teachers, friends and family throughout my life. I love that I have the opportunity to learn and to be educated)

L) LampshadeπŸ’‘ (the group chat name for some friends who I am so *jump-up-and-down-with-gratitude* grateful for) 

M) Maize🌽 (I'm so thankful for this awesome lady(!); she's a beautiful human being who helps me see beauty in everything) 

N) Nature🏞 (nature provides stunning scenery: from still lakes to harsh waterfalls, from sunrise to sunset. I'm so thankful for the beauty that I can find in nature all of the time) 

O) Orange Juice🍹 (freshly-squeezed, of course. I'm just so thankful for its amazing taste, haha!) 

P) ParentsπŸ‘« (I'm grateful for my lovely, gorgeous parents who love me eternally)

Q) Questions❓ (I love asking questions, haha! I'll often be heard saying: 'Random Question.... ?' So I'm grateful for the conversation-openers that questions can become, funny and serious)

R) Rainbows🌈 (I absolutely adore rainbows. They're so pretty and they bring a smile to my face every time they pop up in the sky above me. For that I'm thankful) 

S) Skills✏ (I'm thankful for the creative and logical skills that I've been blessed with and for the many that I will learn in the future; they make life all the more interesting and adventurous for me)

T) Tigger and Cinnamon🐱🐱 (These are the names of my pretty cats. They give purrfect little cuddles!)

U) UnityπŸ‘­ (I'm thankful for the variety of friendship groups that I have the pleasure of being involved in, the sense of unity I feel with some individuals and groups is such a blessing)

V) VisionπŸ‘€ (I have such vision in life, I see things for what they can become and I get to dream BIG, for this I'm ever grateful)

W) WaterπŸ’§ (I love a good lake, a swimming pool, an ocean, the sea, beautiful cloud formations... without water none of these would exist)

X) Xenial-ityπŸ‘Ό: hospitality, especially to visiting strangers or foreigners. Of the relation between a host and a guest; friendly. (I'm always so thankful for people who are welcoming and hospitable towards me and others) 

Y) Young peopleπŸ‘Ά (Little minds can teach old souls so much! The innocent honesty of small children is so amazing to witness, whilst the bubbly energy of teenagers is infectious too)

Z) ZealπŸ’ͺ (People who are passionate about change always fuel my passion to create and see a better world. I'm thankful for these humans)


So many things to be happy for, and there's so much more. I look forward to being able to look back at this list on good and bad days to remind myself of a few happy things.
I'd really encourage you to do the same if you're reading this. It can be as detailed as you like. Get creative with the difficult letters and have a lot of fun!

Smile,
Amy xo

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment